Tutor at Punggol, Orchard & Yishun Tuition Centre Singapore
Primary and Secondary English, Math, Science PSLE IP IB GCE IGCSE SAP Tuition with tuition centres at Punggol, Orchard, Yishun
- Tuition at Punggol Central
- Tuition at Orchard Paterson
- Tuition at Yishun Avenue 4
Tuition classes offered at our eduKate Punggol Tuition Centre and eduKate Yishun Tuition Centre in Singapore Education:
- MOE Curriculum Primary English Tuition
- MOE Curriculum Primary Mathematics Tuition
- MOE Curriculum Primary Science Tuition
- English Creative Writing Tuition
- PSLE English Tuition Preparatory Course
- PSLE Mathematics Tuition Preparatory Course
- PSLE Science Tuition Preparatory Course
- PSLE Intensive Tuition Mathematics Course
- PSLE Intensive Tuition Science Course
Secondary School Tuition at eduKate Yishun, Tuition Centre, eduKate Punggol/Sengkang Tuition Centre and eduKate Orchard Tuition Centre:
GCE O’Levels, IGCSE, Integrated Programme (IP) and the International Baccalaureate (IB Diploma Programme)
- English Language Secondary Tuition Express/N(A)
- A Mathematics Secondary Tuition Express/N(A) A Maths Add Math
- E Mathematics Secondary Tuition Express/N(A) E Maths
We are a group of good honest university graduate tutors with top expert knowledge in the current MOE syllabus. We teach so students can understand everything according to the syllabus and then move onto solving challenging sums that students will encounter in their exams. Our classes are conducted in a fully air-conditioned environment.
We locate our tuition centres at Punggol, Orchard and Yishun to accommodate our customers’ need to be near their locale.
Top Tutors and Customised Classes
Tutors are constantly upgrading their teaching skills, and we customise our teaching to every student’s needs, adapting their tuition classes according to their learning abilities and skill levels. Secondary Math, A Math, E Math, Science, Primary Math, Primary English, Primary Science, We aim to provide the finest and best teaching methods available.
In addition to our tutors, we have student counsels that monitors students doing their work and helps them in improving their techniques, as well as advising students in studying efficiently for their exams.
Who are our Student Counsels?
Our Student Counsels are previous students of eduKate who have graduated from eduKate and are studying in their tertiary education. They excelled in their national exams and have returned to help out at our centres by mentoring current eduKate students to do better, not only in studies, but in everything else as well.
They are truly eduKate’s ambassadors as they have been with our centres as a student in eduKate, doing extremely well in their studies before they become our Student Counsels as a natural progression.
OUR 3 TUITION CENTRES:
We have located our tuition centers close to your neighbourhood (95% of our primary students stay within 500m of our centre, a maximum of 10 minutes walking distance) so that it is convenient to bring your child for lessons, ease of access to our facilities, and most importantly, it allows students the ability to talk to our tutors anytime they need some advice. Our schedules are also tailored to working parents and takes into consideration the CCA timings of students.
Being flexible allows us to serve you well, and we work closely with you to make sure that your child receives the best education available.
For our secondary students, we cater to a larger population with students coming from all of Singapore with GCE O’Levels, Integrated Programme (I.P) and the International Baccalaureate (I.B Programme) students attending our tuition classes.
– English Tuition, Science Tuition, Math Tuition Primary and Secondary
Tuition Centre Punggol located at Punggol Central with facilities and latest teaching aides, we cater to Primary and Secondary curriculum for English, Mathematics, and Science.
Kindly contact Ms Teo Yuet Ling hp: +65 8222 6327 for more information about our classes.
Tuition Centre Tampines is located at 664 Yishun Avenue 4 with facilities and latest teaching aides, we cater to Primary, Secondary, UWCSEA and JC’s curriculum for English, Mathematics, and Science.
We have a holistic approach to our tuition group sessions and believe that a fine education starts with proper expert guidance. This website contains information on our classes and is also a portal for our students to refer to as supplementary to their lessons
Marina Bay Branch @ Orchard Paterson is headed by Wong Kin Leong and serves the Secondary English and Secondary Mathematics city clientele.
With 16 years of full time tuition experience, he represents the longest, most experienced, up to date tutor in eduKate Singapore.
His area of expertise is developing cutting edge teaching philosophies and techniques that helps students transcend their English and Mathematics classes while developing and preparing all the top students and top schools in Singapore for their IB, GCE, IGCSE International Examinations.
If you want to score distinctions in your exams, he’s the go-to guy. Click here for his microsite.
Interested in our classes?
Kindly contact us to arrange for a tutorial:
Office +65 6638 8814
Punggol +65 8222 6327
Yishun +65 8823 1234
Orchard +65 8823 1234
eduKate Singapore Tuition Centre is dedicated to provide top tutors to teach children of all skill and background levels. Our students intelligence are our top priority and hence, our tutors comes from outstanding institutions to provide the best customised classes for our students.
Our tutors are highly motivated intelligent educated individuals from a diverse background and ethnicity, with years of experience in guiding childrens’ intellectual growth and stimulating their grey matter to attain solid exam results and also life skills to tackle problems in their future.
We believe that a child’s growth is both nature and nurture. Our tutors constantly seek the nurturing of eduKate student’s inquisitive nature of questioning everything they learn and fully understand not only their curriculum, but holistically, to understand and achieve a sophisticated understanding of life skills that we marry together with their curriculum.
We believe that our classes should always achieve a high level of group dynamics through social interaction between students.
As such, we teach to a tee the curriculum laid out by Ministry of Education Singapore for both Primary and Secondary Schools as the foundation and lay upon life skills/holistic approach as an add-on enrichment to our classes. We strive to provide the finest education in Singapore, and our endeavours only mean that our students are ultimately, the sole beneficiaries.
This month we are teaching eduKate students Critical Thinking Skills. Students will be receiving their notes and shall cover these modules:
- What is critical thinking?
- What are the components of learning?
- What are the procedures to achieve critical thinking?
- How to interpret and analyse data?
- What do we need to avoid doing to achieve a balanced result?
- Importance of critical thinking in our education. Continued
CRITICAL THINKING extract from wikipedia.com
Critical thinking calls for the ability to:
- Recognize problems, to find workable means for meeting those problems
- Understand the importance of prioritization and order of precedence in problem solving
- Gather and marshal pertinent (relevant) information
- Recognize unstated assumptions and values
- Comprehend and use language with accuracy, clarity, and discernment
- Interpret data, to appraise evidence and evaluate arguments
- Recognize the existence (or non-existence) of logical relationships between propositions
- Draw warranted conclusions and generalizations
- Put to test the conclusions and generalizations at which one arrives
- Reconstruct one’s patterns of beliefs on the basis of wider experience
- Render accurate judgments about specific things and qualities in everyday life
Herein lies the class contents of our 2017 classes at both eduKate Punggol and Yishun Branch. MOE syllabus will be adhered to strictly with additions as listed below applied impeccably for your child’s character development and skill improvements. Continued
Often have I heard parents complain about their child’s lack of reading story books. In Singapore, this is made worse with electronics like games and smartphones becoming a staple in everyday activities of our children. Texting and all that distraction becomes the scourge of the millennium to some parents. Made worse with social media and the need for kids to fit in with their peers.
So how do we change the tides and make the kids read? Continued
Its the time of the year, 2 months to go for PSLE or GCE O’ Levels and the panic buttons are being pushed. Here’s a crash course and survival guide: Continued
There is a direct correlation between the optimism in a student and the success in studying. Just like the answer to the glass is half full or half empty, this concept is very much a question about the outlook and confidence of the individual. Continued
Discipline, the main ingredient to success. Sprinkle with concentration, a dash of determination and double boil with patience. That’s the making of a properly executed education. In every education system around the world, the recipe above are quality prerequisites because students spends years in school before gaining their certification and joining the workforce. Continued
Primary School Leaving Examination are the first educational hurdle of all Singapore students and has been a staple of our enduring educational system since its inception. So what’s all the fuss over the PSLE’s? First and foremost, it dictates the secondary schools that a child can go to. Secondly, it dictates the stream that a child will be studying as well. The current secondary school streams are Express, Normal Academic and Normal Technical.
So how do you support your child in this endeavour? Continued
Our Holiday Holistic Programmes
In December, eduKate Tuition Centre collaboration with Climb Central to bring Primary Students to Kallang Singapore National Stadium for eduKate’s holiday enrichment holistic programme. for more info, click here
Our Course Outlines:
Primary English Pri P1,2,3,4,5,6 MOE PSLE Syllabus
Primary Tuition English classes offered at our eduKate Punggol/Sengkang Tuition Centre and eduKate Yishun Tuition Centre in Singapore for Primary 1,2,3,4,5,6. We have upgraded our classes to the latest 2016 PSLE Syllabus and will be conducting classes with the following outlined:
eduKate Tuition Centre English syllabus covers MOE PSLE English Syllabus 2016 as our core lesson content. Our classes are holistic and includes two components, MOE Syllabus and our specially developed in-house programme. It includes the new guideline revision in MOE PSLE English Language Syllabus 2016 and enrichment courses stated here:
- Composition (Situational and Continuous)
- Cloze Passage
- Listening Comprehension
- Oral and speech
In addition, we incorporate the following enrichment courses into our English programme:
- Creative writing
- Historical Knowledge
- General Knowledge
- Moral Ethics and Good Manners
- Introduction to Newspapers and Current Affairs
- Reading & Appreciation of Classical Children Story Books
- English and its use in Technology and Social Media
PSLE Syllabus eduKate Tutorial Classes
Herein lies the PSLE Science Topics that are current to the PSLE Syllabus 2016. Our tutorial classes follows the curriculum outlined out by MOE and Primary Schools in Singapore for Pri (P) 3,4,5,6 Science Classes.
- Classifying things
- Living and Non-Living Things
- Fungi and Bacteria
- Exploring Materials
- Life Cycles
- Matter and Its Three States
- From Parents to Young
- Reproduction in Plants
- Reproduction in Humans
- Water and Changes of State
- What is a System?
- Your Amazing Body
- The Digestive System
- Plants and Their Parts
- The Plant Transport System
- Air and the Respiratory System
- The Human Circulatory System
- The Unit of Life
- Living Together
- Characteristics of the Environment
- Food Chains and Food Webs
- Adaptations for Survival
- Man’s Impact on Environment
- Heat and Temperature
- Energy in Food
- Forms, Uses and Sources of Energy
Herein lies the curriculum for lower secondary science topics in Singapore. They are for Sec 1 and Sec 2 Science Syllabus and contains subject content from Physics, Chemistry and Biology. We teach Sec 1 and Sec 2 Science Topics in accordance to MOE guidelines and Secondary School Curriculum in our tutorial classes. Kindly contact Yuet Ling +65 8222 6327 for our classes.
The Science Topics for Sec 1 and Sec 3 are:
- Introducing Science
- Physical Properties of Matter
- Ray Model of Light
- Electrical Systems
- Forces and Pressure
- Energy and Work Done
- Sound Energy
- Heat Energy
- Classification of Materials
- Elements, Compounds and Mixtures
- Separation of Mixtures
- Solutions and Suspensions
- Acids and Alkalis
- Changing Matter
- Particulate Model of Matter
- Atoms and Molecules
- Diversity of Plant and Animal Life
- Transport in Living Things
- Digestion in Human Beings
Secondary 1,2,3,4 GCE O-Level Mathematics (A and E)
Course information, Outline and Introduction to GCE O-level Mathematics Syllabus and Curriculum for Secondary Schools. MOE SEAB GCE Ordinary level Mathematics (A and E Maths) Syllabus for the Express Stream from Secondary 1 to 4.
This article is an overview of the GCE O-level Mathematics Courses available to Secondary Express Students attending MOE Secondary Schools.
Mathematics Courses Available: Elementary Mathematics.
Recap of Primary PSLE Syllabus. With in-depth and advancement upon:
- the Four Operations,
- Integers, Fractions, real Numbers,
- Speed and
- Geometry and Angles
- Perimeter and Area
- Volume and Surface Area of Prism and Cylinders
- Statistics- Line Graph, Pie Chart etc.
- Basic Algebra
New to Secondary 1 Mathematics students
- Prime Numbers, HCF, LCM, Square root and Cube roots
- Approximation and Estimation
- Algebra Expansion and Factorisation
- Algebra Equations and problem solving
- Number Patterns
- Plotting of Cartesian Coordinate and Graphs
- Polygons and Angles. Interior and Exterior Angles of Polygons
- Geometrical Constructions and Angle/Perpendicular Bisectors
Secondary 1 Mathematics is an introduction to secondary level mathematics and a recap of previous skills learnt from PSLE Primary Syllabus. Only Elementary Mathematics is taught in Secondary 1.
Secondary 1 Mathematics teaches a broader approach into the use of mathematics and introduces a more general solution of using algebra to solve sums. It introduces the key concepts that will be further developed in the next few years the types of number systems, usage of ratio and proportion, angles, statistics, graphs, algebra and number patterns.
Mathematics Courses Available: Elementary Mathematics.
Streaming year and level of competence in mathematics will be tested to go into Science specific courses.
- Direct and Inverse Proportions
- Simultaneous Equations and Linear graphs
- Expansion and Factorisation of Quadratic Expressions
- Algebraic Fractions and Formulae
- Linear And Quadratic Graphs
- Congruence and Similarity
- Trigonometric Ratios TOA CAH SOH
- Pythagoras Theorem
- Volume and Surface Area of Pyramids Cones and Spheres
- Mean Median Mode
- Statistics and Diagrams
Streaming year. Secondary 2 Mathematics is algebra specific and develops upon Sec 1 work. The level of difficulty is higher due to the Streaming year into their upper secondary classes. Ability to option Additional Mathematics as a new O-level topic. Examinations and work throughout will filter students into their mathematical abilities. Algebra being the biggest hurdle. Pace of information delivery is hectic as compared to Sec 1 Mathematics.
Mathematics Courses Available: Elementary Mathematics and Additional Mathematics.
Mathematics forks out to Additional Mathematics and Elementary Mathematics. Another jump in pace and need to naturalise Additional Mathematics culture into their studies.
Part 1) Further exploration of
- Coordinate Geometry
- Quadratic Equations and Functions
- Congruence and Similarity Tests
- Graphs of functions and solution.
Part 2) New Topics of
- Radian Measure, Arc Length and Area of Sectors
- Linear Inequalities
- Indices and Standard Form
- Area and Volume of Similar Figures and Solids
- Geometrical Properties of Circles
Elementary Mathematics of Sec 3 introduces upper secondary concepts and 50% of the work are further developments of Sec 2 topics. Assumption that proficiency of algebra manipulation and Sec 1 and Sec 2 topics are well developed and efficiently applied to Sec 3 topics. New topics introduced in Sec 3 are heavily dependent on algebra manipulation and equation solving skills.
The 2 Year course in Additional Mathematics means different schools will be completing different chapters before the end of Sec 3. But generally, this will be before they start on Calculus topics of Differentiation and Integration.
- Quadratic Equations and Inequalities
- Indices Surds and Logarithms
- Polynomials and Partial Fractions
- Binomial Expansions
- Modulus Functions
- Trigonometry, Identities, Double Angle Formula etc.
- Coordinate Geometry
- Proofs in Plane Geometry
Advanced concepts in Mathematics for students interested in attempting Pure Science Courses in JC and Science/Engineering Programmes in Polytechnic. Algebra is still de rigueur to do well in Additional Maths. Pace of information shall be quick and since all topics are fairly disconnected, students are required to learn different concepts that does not have a common bearing. It is taxing but essential subject for future relevant courses in tertiary education Kindly note that Singapore uses a distinctly different Addition Mathematics syllabus for GCE O-level as compared to other countries.
GCE O-level preparation begins. Separated into two distinct parts, new topics and revision. All topics are completed latest July, and revisions should begin and include doing all past year test papers and the TYS.
- Cumulative Frequency
- Standard Deviation
- Revision from Sec1-4
Getting ready for and round up of the GCE O-level course. They are relatively digestible topics but essential to the overall outcome of a students’ education. The other half of the year should be spent ramping up in preparation of the O-level examinations.
Year 2 of 2 and completion of Additional Mathematics. Merging the previous years’ topics with Calculus-Differentiation and Integration.
- Kinematics-Particle Motion on a straight line
Polarising students into liking Calculus or hating it. Differentiation, Integration and Kinematics will round up Additional Mathematics for the O-level. Taking everything that is taught in Sec 3 A maths and using it as components for Calculus means that students that has a good foundation will be able to handle Sec 4. Have a shaky foundation means that students will struggle trying to include previous topics when doing calculus. Getting distinctions requires students to be fast, meticulous and detailed. Knowing every linkages and heuristics to complete the whole O-level paper on time.
IB Diploma SL Mathematics Course Content
IB Diploma Maths SL Tuition in Marina Bay, Tampines Singapore. IB Math SL Syllabus for the IB Diploma is taught by our professional engineering-background full time tutor following the IB Math SL Mathematics text for International Baccalaureate Diploma Programme “Cambridge Mathematics Standard Level for the IB Diploma” ISBN 978-1-107-61306-5 by Cambridge University Press.
- Canadian International School CIS,
- Global Indian International School GIIS,
- Hwa Chong(International).
Herein lies the syllabus of Maths SL IB Diploma Singapore. The topics in Mathematics SL Mathematics IB Diploma books are:
Main Topic: Algebra, Functions and Equations
- Quadratic Form
- Complete the Square
- Factorised form
- Quadratic Formula
- Intersection of graphs and simultaneous quadratic equations
Exponents and Logarithms
- Laws of exponents
- Exponential functions
- The number e
- Introduction to Logarithms
- Laws and Graphs of Logarithms
- Solving Exponential Equation
- Solving Equations by Factorising
- Solving Equations by Substitution
- Features of Graphs
- Using graphical calculator (GDC) to solve equations
- Working with identities
The Theory of Functions
- Function Notation
- Domain and Range
- Composite functions
- Inverse functions
- Rational functions
Transformation of graphs
- Consecutive Transformations
Sequence and series
- General sequences
- General series and sigma notation
- Arithmetics and Geometric Series
- Infinite Geometric Series
- Mixed Questions on sequences and series
- Binomial Coefficients
- Applying the Binomial Theorem
Main Topic: Geometry
Circular Measure and Trigonometry
- Measuring angles
- Definitions and graphs of sine and cosine functions
- Definition and graphs of the tangent functions
- Exact Values of trigonometric functions
- Transformations of Trigonometric Graphs
- Modelling using trigonometric functions
Trigonometric Equations and Identities
- Intro to trigonometric equations
- Harder Trigonometric Equations
- Trigonometric Identities
- Using Identities to solve equations
- Double Angle Identities
Geometry of triangles and circles
- Right-angled triangles
- The sine rule
- The cosine rule
- Area of triangle
- Trigonometry in three dimensions
- Length of an arc
- Area of a sector
- Triangles and circles
- Positions and displacements
- Vector algebra
- Properties of the scalar Product
- Vector equation of a line
- Solving Problems involving lines
Main Topic: Calculus
Basic Differentiation and its applications
- Sketching derivatives
- Differentiation from first principles
- Rules of differentiation
- Interpreting derivatives and second derivatives
- Differentiating trigonometric, exponential and natural logarithm functions
- Tangents and Normals
- Stationary Points
- General Points of Inflexion
Basic Integration and its Applications
- Integration (Indefinite)
- Constant of Integration
- Integrating inverse x, exponents, trigonometric functions
- Finding the equation of a curve
- Definite Integral
- Geometrical significance of definite integration
- Area between two curves
- Chain rule
- Product Rule
- Quotient Rule
- Optimisation with constraints
- Reversing standard derivatives
- Integration by substitution
- Volumes of revolution
Main Topic: Statistics and Probability
- Measure of centre of data
- Measures of spread
- Frequency table and grouped data
- Cumulative frequency
- Constant changes to data
- Empirical Probability
- Theoretical Probability
- Combined events and Venn diagrams
- Tree diagrams and finding intersections
- Independent events
- Conditional probability
- Further Venn diagrams
- Selections with and without replacement
- Random variables
- Expectations of a discrete random variable
- The binomial distribution
- The normal distribution
- The inverse normal distribution
by Wong Kin Leong
eduKateSG eLite @ The Sail
2 Marina Blvd, Singapore 018987
eduKate Singapore Tuition Centre
Tuition for PSLE, GCE ‘O’ levels, GCE ‘N’ levels, F.I.B., GCSE, IB, IP programmes in Singapore at our centres at Punggol (opposite Edgefield Sec Sch) and Tampines (opposite UWCSEA East College)
edukate Tuition Centre starts 2017 Season classes at Pinevale, Tampines and Prive, Punggol in November 2016. Call Yuet Ling +65 8222 6327 for classes and schedules. Our classes are:
- 2017 for Pri/Sec/ JC and IGCSE/IB/IP/Singapore International
- 2016/2017 for International Schools Year 1-12
2) eduKate Tuition in London and Kazakhstan Nov 2015
eduKate Tuition Centre is in London, UK and Almaty, Kazakhstan November 2015. Part of our operation are conducted at our partner’s training centre in Almaty, Kazakhstan and another in UK doing their R&D and upgrades to our curriculum for season 2016 Classes. read more here